I’ve always admired the Jaguar Lightweights—both the roadster and coupe versions—but have a particular fascination with Briggs Cunningham’s efforts at the 1963 24-Hours of Le Mans. There’s just something fundamentally beastly about those cars. While they didn’t meet with much success at LeMans they helped Jaguar develop their E-type into one of the most successful sports cars of all time.
Competition Colors started out as an experiment with monochromatic backgrounds and I liked the look so much I thought I’d explore the idea with a few other cars. It didn’t take long for a theme to evolve—the colors associated with some of the most important competition cars from the 50s and 60s.
- Signed and numbered limited edition fine art pigment printed
- Printed on acid-free archival paper using naturally pigmented inks
- Framed and matted art measures 30″ x 24″ (print is sized 22″ x 16″)
- Double matted in coordinated colors, framed in black hardwood with hanging hardware installed
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity
- International inquiries, please click here
*Requires the return of the art shipper (prepaid)