If it’s Labor Day weekend that means it’s time for the Lime Rock Historic Festival. One of my hands down, all-time favorite events. This year’s edition is the 41st running of vintage racing at The Rock and in addition to featuring Chrysler cars, will honor collector Lawrence Auriana, as well as celebrate 100 years of MGs including featured races and Concours classes.
More than racing, there’s also automobilia concessions, book signings, featured speakers, and more to enjoy over the long weekend including:
- Sunday in the Park: The Lime Rock Concours offers a special line up of beautiful and historic cars across several groups to vie for the Best-in-Show Award. Dress in your Sunday best to wander around the Park and gander at the finest examples of automobiles and motorcycles in the northeast.
- Sunday’s second event is the Gathering of the Marques, which hosts enthusiasts and clubs representing nearly every make and model, all arranged around the 1.5-mile Lime Rock course. With as many as 600 cars expected, the event will showcase an incredibly diverse display of cars grouped by make, model or country of origin. If it’s an interesting and fun car, bring it to the track and showcase it next to its brethren. Many regional car clubs are regular attendees and we encourage clubs to contact us about participation.
- The Historic Festival Parade is a 17-mile tour through local towns on some of the most scenic and entertaining roads in the northwest Connecticut. The parade concludes at the town of Falls Village with a street fair.
Here’s the event schedule:
- Thursday, August 31—Vintage Racecar & Sports Car parade
- Friday, September 1—Practice & Qualifying
- Saturday, September 2—All-day racing
- Sunday, September 3—Sunday in the Park Concours and Gathering of the Marques
- Monday, September 4—All-day racing
I’ll be there Friday—Monday showing new pieces from my Shadow and Light collection along with a selection of other racing and sports car art. Stop by and see me!